User Experience Consultant Bristol
This is a new, full-time, permanent role, based in our Bristol office. You will be working in our Home and Work (H&W) ‘pod’, which helps organisations be relevant for the individuals and families of today and tomorrow. The team operates as a design innovation partner for their clients, and creates brilliant service experiences that facilitate fulfilling lives and flourishing communities. Check out some of what the team has been up to here.
As a mid weight UX Consultant you will be in the engine room of the Pod – generating a wealth of ideas and delivering high quality user-centred design work for our clients.
You’ll help us achieve that by:
- Working with clients to help them to understand, and then to meet their users’ needs by delivering excellent, innovative products, services and experiences.
- Conducting UX research and design activities including planning and conducting qualitative research, helping to run workshops, presenting research findings, sketching interfaces and building prototypes.
- But you won’t be doing that alone. We believe in the power of collaboration and you’ll work in cross-functional, agile teams including other UX consultants, visual designers, technologists, project managers and usually our clients too.
- You’ll contribute to new business activities. Working directly with clients you’ll learn about their jobs to be done, their needs and their pain points. We’ll ask you to share ideas and content that we can use to refine our marketing and shape the consultancy we deliver.
- Help us to improve by introducing new ideas, tools and techniques to the business.
- Be proactive in projecting cxpartners’ value into the industry sectors and experience design community, and in growing our network of contacts.
Your personal qualities and experience:
Please don't be put off applying because you aren't a perfect match for our job description. If you are excited about the opportunity, and think you can achieve the outcomes we are looking for, but aren't sure if you tick every box, we'd still love to hear from you.
You have more than two years’ work experience in a digital industry, probably either in a UX or creative agency, or in an in-house UX team. You’ll have experience of working within a cross-disciplinary team.
You have detailed knowledge and practical experience of UX methodologies and practices, and be proficient in research/design/prototyping methods and processes. You’ll have good consultative skills, and be able to work well with clients, for example in running workshops and interviews.
We expect you to understand the fundamentals of the way a business like cxpartners works, and be hungry to learn how our clients’ businesses work too. Experience of the retail, travel or charities sector would be a bonus but curiosity is essential. As you’d expect from a customer-centred business, we succeed by understanding our clients’ worlds and applying our practice to their most important problems.
We are pragmatic, not dogmatic, in our approach, and very much outcome-driven. Often our work breaks new ground, and we innovate to achieve those outcomes. We’d like you to be the kind of person who is able to help us do that. You’ll have experience of lean and agile methodologies, and have innovation and calculated risk-seeking in your DNA.
You’ll have great communication skills (verbal and written), the ability to listen, and to articulate complex ideas clearly. You’ll be good at influencing, and show an interest in people. You’ll be commercially savvy, have great creativity and enjoy problem solving.
We’d like you to be able to see the big picture and have a strong attention to detail - both are possible, we think!
At the moment, we are all working remotely. Once Covid restrictions lift, we anticipate that we’ll adopt a hybrid working model, with 2 days in the office and 3 days at home each week. We might occasionally ask you to travel to our other office, and to work on site with clients (including occasional overnight stays). You’ll also be prepared to travel abroad, if and when we are allowed to do that.
cxpartners is made up of an incredible, diverse range of people. We're an equal opportunity employer and prize diversity as a strength. We’re keen to ensure we’re designing products and services that work for everyone, so we particularly encourage applications from different underrepresented demographics. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or any other legally protected status.
You must have the right to live and work in the UK.
We’re a great place to work – you’ll love the environment, the people and the way the company looks after its staff. You’ll also get: a great package with a salary of between £28-40k, 25 days holiday, benefits including a smartphone, a cash-back healthcare scheme, a pension plan to which we’ll contribute, a MacBook and other kit as needed. We encourage flexible working and support remote working.
cxpartners are committed to training and run an extensive training programme which will support both your individual needs and our business ambitions.
If you’d like to apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief CV and portfolio.
No agencies please.
Closing date: Monday 23rd April