Senior Product Designer London
- Location: London based (We are currently ‘remote-first’, but you may be required to attend client offices and cxpartners’ sites for meetings and workshops)
- Contract: Permanent, full-time
- Salary: £46,000 – £58,000
- Deadline: We will be reviewing applications for this role as they are submitted. So please don't delay your application, as the role may close without notice
This position is within our Financial Services (FS) ‘pod’ – one of our client-focused, mini business units. Our mission is to help FS firms thrive by making products and services that are easy to understand and use, so their customers can make better decisions. There are lots of satisfyingly knotty problems to solve in this sector. We think it requires a different approach to design.
The FS team is obsessed with learning how people make complex decisions, then putting what we learn into practice. For example:
- Hargreaves Lansdown needed a new journey for clients drawing down on their pension – a challenging, irreversible process that many struggle to navigate. After identifying the barriers and hurdles, we designed comprehension checks to slow people down and prompts that nudge them toward better decisions. The result? People are nearly twice as likely to make long-term decisions when using the new journey.
- A large banking service provider wanted to create a digital debt collection service that considers the needs of those in vulnerable situations. We showed how users’ past experiences shaped their expectations of new ones, how important it was to earn their trust, and how easily it could be lost. We designed a solution that helped people struggling with debt feel more in control of their situation and make informed decisions about the options available to them.
We’re a great place to work – you’ll love the environment, the people and the way the company looks after its staff.
cxpartners is made up of an incredible, diverse range of people. We're an equal opportunity employer and prize diversity as a strength. We’re keen to ensure we’re designing products and services that work for everyone, so our team needs to reflect that too.
We particularly encourage applications from different underrepresented demographics. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or any other legally protected status.
Please don't be put off applying because you aren't a perfect match for our job description. If you are excited about the opportunity and think you can achieve the outcomes we are looking for, but aren't sure if you tick every box, we'd still love to hear from you.
Main duties and responsibilities
We’re looking for a Senior Product Designer to help turn our research insights into high-quality, usable design solutions.
You’ll work collaboratively in a cross-functional team with researchers, other UX and Product designers, technologists, project managers and clients to craft innovative designs that make a difference.
- Work all stages of the design process, from concept creation through to delivery
- Turn research and testing findings into design concepts, at varying levels of fidelity – from sketches to polished designs
- Create ‘design experiments’ to test these concepts (again in a range of fidelities).
- Create prototypes at varying levels of fidelity, from basic click-throughs to rich, interactive prototypes
- Create high-quality, pixel-perfect designs – for both responsive web and app platforms – that are ready for development
- Create and evolve design systems
- Collaborate with other team members to prioritise design work needed
- Work closely with developers and technical stakeholders to validate the technical feasibility of designs
- Present designs and their rationale to key stakeholders
- An innovative, creative mindset
- A hunger for problem solving
- A passion for clean, highly usable designs
- An exceptional eye for design
- The ability to look at a design’s wider context as well as the fine detail
- Knowledge and practical experience of user-centred design methodology
- To be action-oriented, proactive and comfortable working rapidly and pragmatically to tight deadlines
- A level of natural authority to ensure clients listen to you, and people respond to you
- Emotional intelligence and an understanding of how to build strong, collaborative relationships
- Proficiency in design tools including Figma and Sketch (and working with components)
- Proficiency in high-fidelity prototyping tools such as Proto-pie, Framer and UX Pin.
- More than three years of experience in digital design. In-house or agency backgrounds are both welcome
- Experience using design systems
- Experience working in a 'lean' way, and familiarity with agile methodologies
- Experience delivering high-fidelity, dev-ready designs to developers
- Experience working in small, cross-disciplinary design sprint teams
- To be happy to travel to our other office from time to time, and to work on-site with clients if and when that is needed. You’ll also be prepared to travel abroad
- The right to live and work in the UK
Ideally, you’ll also have experience in:
- Experience in building and maintaining design systems
- The ability to assist in user research (generative research and usability testing)
- Financial services
- 25 days holiday
- MacBook laptop and iPhone with call plan
- A generous hobby fund and a personal training budget of £750 per annum
- Working from home budget
- Flexible working and supportive of remote working
- Cash-back healthcare scheme with BUPA
- Pension plan
- Life insurance
- Free eye test
- Support with a cxpartners buddy when you join
- Enhanced maternity and adoption pay
- Up to 2 weeks extra unpaid leave (after one year’s full service)
- If you’d like to apply, please email email@example.com with a brief CV, covering letter and a link to your portfolio.