Front-End Developer Bristol
We are looking for a full-time, permanent Front-End Developer based in Bristol. Your ‘home’ will be our Financial Services ‘pod’, although you’ll also get the chance to work across the full breadth of cxpartners’ clients. You’ll work alongside experienced developers, user experience and design practitioners on a wide range of projects. We pride ourselves on building teams who can rapidly assess and pragmatically solve problems.
In this role, we’ll ask you to work within our technology practice to deliver a wide range of projects. You will be:
- developing digital solutions for our clients, working with APIs, building interactive web interfaces
- working in teams with designers and researchers to take part in sketching and ideation workshops, and to build prototypes that we test with users
- researching technical proofs-of-concepts to understand opportunities and constraints
- bringing energy and fresh ideas to the technology team, helping to learn from other developers and bouncing ideas off each other
- supporting other developers with technical guidance and problem solving, experimenting with technology and feeding back to the wider team
Your personal qualities and experience
Please don't be put off applying because you aren't a perfect match for our job description. If you are excited about the opportunity, and think you can achieve the outcomes we are looking for, but aren't sure if you tick every box, we'd still love to hear from you.
We’re looking for someone with:
- Great communication skills (verbal and written), the ability to listen, to influence, and to articulate complex ideas clearly to a non-technical audience
- Experience of building responsive and accessible web front-ends
- Experience working in agile, cross-functional teams along-side user experience and visual designers, and with clients
Ideally, you’ll also have experience of:
- Developing with Content Management Systems and content services (e.g. Contentful)
- Developing with Express.js
- Basic cloud hosting configuration (e.g. using AWS, Google or Azure cloud services)
- Other front-end frameworks (e.g. Vue, hybrid mobile frameworks)
- Improving site speed/performance
- And you’ll be confident in the using the command line, version control and continuous delivery/integration
We’re looking for resourceful, inquisitive people who enjoy collaborating to solve users’ problems. We like cross-functional humans with great technical skills and the empathy needed to succeed as part of a team.
At the moment, we are all working remotely. Once Covid travel restrictions are eased, you’ll be happy to travel to our other office from time to time, and to work on site with clients if and when that is needed (including occasional overnight stays).
Our mission is to have a positive impact on people’s lives by helping organisations become more customer-centric and thrive.
We’re a great place to work – you’ll love the environment, the people and the way the company looks after its staff. You’ll also get: a great package with a salary of between £25k and £32k dependent on experience, 25 days holiday, benefits including a smartphone, a cash-back healthcare scheme, a pension plan to which we’ll contribute, a MacBook and other kit as needed. We encourage flexible working and support remote working.
cxpartners is made up of an incredible, diverse range of people. We're an equal opportunity employer and prize diversity as a strength. We’re keen to ensure we’re designing products and services that work for everyone, so we particularly encourage applications from different underrepresented demographics. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or any other legally protected status.
Closing date: 15th March
Interview date: w/c 22nd March
To apply, please send your CV, a covering letter, and examples of your work (preferably a link to your work on GitHub) to firstname.lastname@example.org