User Experience Consultant (mid weight) London and Bristol
This is a new, full-time, permanent role, based in either our Bristol or our London office. You will be working in our Financial Services ‘pod’.
As a mid-weight UX Consultant, you will be in the engine room of the Pod – generating a wealth of ideas and delivering high-quality user-centred design work for our clients.
Open Banking and regulatory change are transforming what was once a slow-moving financial services sector and there are lots of satisfyingly knotty problems to solve. Our mission is to make this complex space more relevant, inclusive, fair and accessible to consumers, designing products and propositions that are easier to understand and use. Doing so, we help our clients thrive.
You’ll help us achieve that by:
- Working with clients to help them to understand, and then to meet their users’ needs by delivering excellent, innovative products, services and experiences.
- Conducting UX research and design activities including planning and conducting qualitative research, helping to run workshops, presenting research findings, sketching interfaces and building prototypes.
- But you won’t be doing that alone. We believe in the power of collaboration and you’ll work in cross-functional, agile teams including other UX consultants, visual designers, technologists, project managers and usually our clients too.
- You’ll contribute to new business activities. Working directly with clients you’ll learn about their jobs to be done, their needs and their pain points. We’ll ask you to share ideas and content that we can use to refine our marketing and shape the consultancy we deliver.
- Help us to improve by introducing new ideas, tools and techniques to the business.
- Be proactive in projecting cxpartners’ value into the Financial Services sector and experience design community and growing our network of contacts.
Your personal qualities and experience:
Please don't be put off applying because you aren't a perfect match for our job description. If you are excited about the opportunity and think you can achieve the outcomes we are looking for, but aren't sure if you tick every box, we'd still love to hear from you.
You have more than two years’ work experience in a digital industry, probably either in a UX or creative agency, or in an in-house UX team. You’ll have experience of working within a cross-disciplinary team.
You have detailed knowledge and practical experience of UX methodologies and practices, and be proficient in research/design/prototyping methods and processes. You’ll have good consultative skills, and be able to work well with clients, for example in running workshops and interviews.
We expect you to understand the fundamentals of the way a business like cxpartners works, and be hungry to learn how our clients’ businesses work too. Experience of the Financial Services sector would be a bonus but curiosity is essential. As you’d expect from a customer-centred business, we succeed by understanding our clients’ worlds and applying our practice to their most important problems.
We are pragmatic, not dogmatic, in our approach, and very much outcome-driven. Often our work breaks new ground, and we innovate to achieve those outcomes. We’d like you to be the kind of person who is able to help us do that. You’ll have a good awareness about and experience of lean and agile methodologies, and have innovation and calculated risk-seeking in your DNA.
You’ll have great communication skills (verbal and written), the ability to listen and to articulate complex ideas clearly. You’ll be good at influencing, and show an interest in people. You’ll be commercially savvy, have great creativity and enjoy problem-solving.
We’d like you to be able to see the big picture and have strong attention to detail - both are possible, we think!
At the moment, we are all working remotely. Once Covid travel restrictions are eased, you’ll be happy to travel to our other office from time-to-time and to work on-site with clients if and when that is needed (including occasional overnight stays). You’ll also be prepared to travel abroad.
You must have the right to live and work in the UK.
We’re a great place to work – you’ll love the environment, the people and the way the company looks after its staff. You’ll also get: a great package with a salary of between £28-40k if you’re based in Bristol or £36-50k if you’re based in London, 25 days holiday, benefits including a smartphone, a cash-back healthcare scheme, a pension plan to which we’ll contribute, a MacBook and other kit as needed. We encourage flexible working and support remote working.
cxpartners are committed to training and run an extensive training programme which will support both your individual needs and our business ambitions.
If you’d like to apply, please email email@example.com with a brief CV and portfolio.
No agencies please.