Developer trainee Bristol
We are looking for a full-time trainee web developer, on a six-month contract in our Bristol office (though based at home until Covid regulations allow). You’ll work alongside experienced developers, user experience and design practitioners on a wide range of projects for our diverse portfolio of clients.
We are a user-centred design agency so embedding ourselves in our client’s culture and inhabiting their world is how we best understand their needs. We pride ourselves on assembling teams who can rapidly assess and pragmatically solve problems.
In this role we’ll ask you to help deliver a wide range of projects including:
- building interactive web interfaces
- working with APIs
- researching technical proof-of-concepts and working in teams to build and test prototypes
- experimenting with technology and feeding back to the wider team
- working alongside other disciplines like designers and researchers
- participating in internal and client workshops
- sketching and sharing ideas in design and ideation sessions
- supporting a small number of existing client websites
- bringing energy and fresh ideas to the cxpartners team
You’ll need to have:
- experience in building web-based interactive user interfaces
- experience in using the command line, task runners and build tools
- an understanding of version control and continuous delivery methods
- an appreciation of accessibility and inclusive design
- a pragmatic and balanced approach to applying technology to a solution
- good communication skills, including excellent written English
- the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- great organisational skills and strong attention to detail
- the right to live and work in UK
In short, we are looking for resourceful, inquisitive people who want to work collaboratively to solve our users’ problems. Technical virtuosity is always great, but at cxpartners we like to cultivate cross-functional team members; possessing deep specialist knowledge but with an awareness and empathy of the surrounding team and how best to work within it.
Please don't be put off applying because you aren't a perfect match for our job description. If you are excited about the opportunity and think you can achieve the outcomes we are looking for, but aren't sure if you tick every box, we'd still love to hear from you.
We’ll offer you a monthly salary between £1,250 - £1,500 and the opportunity to further your engineering skills and benefit from individual mentoring and support. You’ll work both with well-known clients, and also with talented, friendly and experienced engineering, UX and design professionals. At the end of your traineeship, we hope there will be an opportunity to apply for a permanent role.
cxpartners is made up of an incredible, diverse range of people. We're an equal opportunity employer and prize diversity as a strength. We’re keen to ensure we’re designing products and services that work for everyone, so we particularly encourage applications from different underrepresented demographics. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or any other legally protected status.
To apply, please send your CV, a covering letter, and, if possible, some examples of your work (links or a portfolio) to email@example.com