Senior Project Manager Bristol
This is a new, full-time, permanent role in our Bristol office. You will be working in our Home and Work ‘pod’, one of our client-focused, mini ‘business units’. The Home & Work (H&W) pod serves to help public and private organisations be relevant for the individuals and families of today and tomorrow. The team operates as a design innovation partner for their clients, and creates brilliant service experiences that facilitate fulfilling lives and flourishing communities. Check out some of what the team have been up to here.
Project Management is central to the successful operation of cxpartners. Our Senior Project Managers are key figures in our ‘pods’, and help to ensure that the pod runs well and that projects are delivered successfully.
This role will focus on leading the delivery of a large scale international user-centred design programme with one of the world’s best-known and celebrated brands. We also need you to play an active role in supporting the Client Director with client liaison and account development, so experience in client services or account management would be advantageous.
You’ll report to the Client Director and be supported by our H&W Programme Director.
About this role
Collaboration and team working and are key in this role. We’ll want you to have great soft skills, the ability to communicate effectively both within cxpartners and externally, and the skills to develop relationships in a confident and friendly manner.
We value people who show an interest in user-centred design, a passion for managing digital projects, strong attention to detail, and great written and spoken communication skills. We look for these qualities in how they present their work, and how they talk about their previous roles.
We’re looking for someone who has wonderful client facing skills as well as great delivery experience. You’ll be in day-to-day contact with a number of our clients, and will help our Client Services team to develop relationships with existing clients, and build projects into programmes of work.
Your specific objectives will be to:
- Deliver your assigned projects on time and to budget, or manage by exception when required. We’ll judge your success by comparing the actual profitability of your projects to their projected profitability, and their final delivery date to their projected date (although we know that things change and there’s always a story to tell alongside the figures!)
- Make project delivery smooth and straightforward, anticipating and resolving problems wherever possible. You’ll do this by organising project kick-offs, daily stand-ups and wash-up meetings, and by setting up and managing clear client communication lines.
Most importantly, you’ll do this by building strong and supportive relationships with the cxpartners team and your clients. We’ll be looking to see that you demonstrate a good manner; that you are thoughtful, measured, persuasive, good at listening, and extremely well-organised.
- Work independently and balance multiple projects and processes across both your main programme, account development opportunities and other smaller projects, taking responsibility for the ‘golden triangle’ of time, quality and profit.
- Closely manage the financial aspects of your projects. Deliver accurate and timely financial reporting, liaising closely with the Client Director, the pod, the finance team and the wider delivery team.
- Support detailed scoping of projects and new business opportunities.
- Identify and mitigate risks on projects, and troubleshoot issues quickly and with minimal disruption. You’ll escalate problems appropriately. Be confident presenting at meetings and workshops, for example, facilitating stakeholder workshops where appropriate.
- Manage and plan resource for your projects, balancing client needs and budgets with the needs of the wider team and Pod.
- In time, we’ll ask you to act as line manager to more junior Project Managers, and be responsible for freelance Project Managers.
The role will involve some travel.
Your personal qualities and experience:
Please don't be put off applying because you aren't a perfect match for our job description. If you are excited about the opportunity, and think you can achieve the outcomes we are looking for, but aren't sure if you tick every box, we'd still love to hear from you.
You’ll have more than two years’ work experience in a digital industry, preferably in a UX or creative agency. In particular, you will have experience of working with a cross disciplinary team in an agile way.
You’ll have detailed knowledge and practical experience of project management methodology and practices.
You’ll have great communication skills (verbal and written) - the ability to listen, and to articulate complex ideas clearly, vividly, and concisely. You’ll have a quiet ‘natural authority’ with your team and clients that ensures you are listened to and people respond when appropriate.
You’ll demonstrate strong attention to detail.
We’d love you to have some relevant Project Management training (Scrum Master, for example); but we’ll provide this if you don’t already have it.
You’ll have the right to live and work in the UK.
We’re a great place to work – you’ll love the environment, the people and the way the company looks after its staff. You’ll also get: a great package with a salary of between £33k - £45k, 25 days holiday, benefits including a smartphone, a cash-back healthcare scheme, a pension plan to which we’ll contribute, a MacBook and other kit as needed.
cxpartners are committed to training and run an extensive training programme which will support both your individual needs and our business ambitions.
cxpartners is made up of an incredible, diverse range of people. We're an equal opportunity employer and prize diversity as a strength. We’re keen to ensure we’re designing products and services that work for everyone, so we particularly encourage applications from different underrepresented demographics. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or any other legally protected status.
If you’d like to apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief CV.
Closing date: Monday 26th April
No agencies please.