Senior Project Manager London
- Location: London based (we are currently ‘remote-first’, but you may be required to attend client offices and cxpartners’ sites for meetings and workshops)
- Contract: Permanent, full-time
- Salary: £40,000 – £57,000
- Deadline: We will be reviewing applications for this role as they are submitted. So please don't delay your application, as the role may close without notice
This position is within our Home and Work (H&W) ‘pod’, one of our client-focused, mini business units.
Overall, cxpartners’ mission is to have a positive impact on people’s lives by helping organisations become more customer centric and thrive.
In H&W, our mission is to support good lives through excellence in digital experience, whether this is in developing services for the home, or improving employee experience and capability within the organisations who develop these services. The team operates as a design innovation partner for clients across the retail, hospitality, travel, energy and charity sectors.
We involve users to uncover breakthrough insights and respond through a service design process. We are pragmatic, not dogmatic in our approach and are outcome-driven.
Often our work breaks new ground, and we innovate to achieve those outcomes. From our partnership with Google that has supported over 200 brands to measurably improve their UX maturity, to Samaritans where we designed their online chat service, which has helped those in crisis express suicidal feelings at twice the rate as other channels. We’d like you to be the kind of person who can help us do that.
We’re currently working with SSE, ASOS, WaterAid and many others with a commitment to improving lives - at home and work - through digital experience. In the past four years, the success of our process has seen us grow by 200%.
cxpartners is a great place to work – you’ll love the environment, the people and the way the company looks after its staff.
cxpartners is made up of an incredible, diverse range of people. We're an equal opportunity employer and prize diversity as a strength. We’re keen to ensure we’re designing products and services that work for everyone, so our team needs to reflect that too.
We particularly encourage applications from different underrepresented demographics. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or any other legally protected status.
Please don't be put off applying because you aren't a perfect match for our job description. If you are excited about the opportunity and think you can achieve the outcomes we are looking for, but aren't sure if you tick every box, we'd still love to hear from you.
Main duties and responsibilities
Project Management is central to the successful operation of cxpartners. Our Senior Project Managers are key figures in our ‘pods’, and help to ensure that the pod runs well and that projects are delivered successfully.
You’ll report to the Pod’s Programme Director.
Collaboration and teamwork are key in this role. We’ll want you to have great soft skills, the ability to communicate effectively both within cxpartners and externally, and the skills to develop relationships in a confident and friendly manner.
We value people who show an interest in user-centred design, a passion for managing digital projects, strong attention to detail, and great written and spoken communication skills. We look for these qualities in how they present their work, and how they talk about their previous roles.
We’re looking for someone who has wonderful client facing skills as well as great delivery experience. You’ll be in day-to-day contact with a number of our clients, and will help our Client Services team to develop relationships with existing clients, and build projects into programmes of work.
Your specific objectives will be to:
- Deliver your assigned projects on time and to budget, or manage by exception when required. We’ll judge your success by comparing the actual profitability of your projects to their projected profitability, and their final delivery date to their projected date (although we know that things change and there’s always a story to tell alongside the figures!)
- Make project delivery smooth and straightforward, anticipating and resolving problems wherever possible. You’ll do this by organising project kick-offs, daily stand-ups and wash-up meetings, and by setting up and managing clear client communication lines.
Most importantly, you’ll do this by building strong and supportive relationships with the cxpartners team and your clients. We’ll be looking to see that you demonstrate a good manner; that you are thoughtful, measured, persuasive, good at listening, and extremely well-organised.
- Work independently and balance multiple projects and processes across both your main programme, account development opportunities and other smaller projects, taking responsibility for the ‘golden triangle’ of time, quality and profit.
- Closely manage the financial aspects of your projects. Deliver accurate and timely financial reporting, liaising closely with the Client Director, the pod, the finance team and the wider delivery team.
- Support detailed scoping of projects and new business opportunities.
- Identify and mitigate risks on projects, and troubleshoot issues quickly and with minimal disruption. You’ll escalate problems appropriately. Be confident presenting at meetings and workshops, for example, facilitating stakeholder workshops where appropriate.
- Manage and plan resources for your projects, balancing client needs and budgets with the needs of the wider team and Pod.
- In time, we’ll ask you to act as line manager to more junior Project Managers, and be responsible for freelance Project Managers.
You will have:
- More than two years’ work experience in a digital industry, preferably in a UX or creative agency. Experience working with a cross-disciplinary team in an agile way.
- Detailed knowledge and practical experience of project management methodology and practices.
- Great communication skills (verbal and written) - the ability to listen and to articulate complex ideas clearly, vividly, and concisely.
- A quiet ‘natural authority’ with your team and clients that ensures you are listened to and people respond when appropriate.
- Strong attention to detail.
- The right to live and work in the UK.
Some relevant Project Management training (Scrum Master, for example) would be an advantage; but we’ll provide this if you don’t already have it.
- 25 days holiday
- MacBook laptop and iPhone with call plan
- A generous hobby fund and a personal training budget of £750 per annum
- ‘Remote first’ working model (with offices in London and Bristol available for team meetings and social events)
- Working from home budget
- Flexible working
- Cash-back healthcare scheme with BUPA
- Pension plan
- Life insurance
- Free eye test
- Support with a cxpartners buddy when you join
- Enhanced maternity and adoption pay
- Up to 2 weeks extra unpaid leave (after one year’s full service)
We have recently been awarded the Great Place to Work Certification. As part of our employee feedback, we were absolutely thrilled to report a 90% overall trust index from our team.
Some of our favourite bits from our team’s ratings include:
- 100% said ‘I am proud to tell people I work here’
- 98% said ‘there is a family or team feeling here’
- 95% said ‘people are encouraged to balance their work and personal life’
- 95% said ‘when I look at what we accomplish, I feel a sense of pride’
- 95% said there is job security
Take a look at our blog, cxpartners is a ‘Great Place to Work’ (officially!)
If you’d like to apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief CV and covering letter.