Senior Account Director Bristol
- Location: Bristol (we are currently ‘remote-first’, but you may be required to attend client offices and cxpartners’ sites for meetings and workshops)
- Contract: Permanent, full-time
- Salary: £55,000 – £65,000
- Deadline: We will be reviewing applications for this role as they are submitted. So please don't delay your application, as the role may close without notice
You’ll be working in our Home and Work (H&W) ‘pod’. Pods are our client-focused, mini ‘business units’ (you can read Giles’ blog about them here).
Overall, cxpartners’ mission is to have a positive impact on people’s lives by helping organisations become more customer centric and thrive.
In H&W, our mission is to support good lives through excellence in digital experience, whether this is in developing services for the home, or improving employee experience and capability within the organisations who develop these services. The team operates as a design innovation partner for clients across the retail, hospitality, travel, energy and charity sectors.
We involve users to uncover breakthrough insights and respond through a service design process. We are pragmatic, not dogmatic in our approach and are outcome-driven.
Often our work breaks new ground, and we innovate to achieve those outcomes. From our partnership with Google that has supported over 200 brands to measurably improve their UX maturity, to Samaritans where we designed their online chat service, which has helped those in crisis express suicidal feelings at twice the rate as other channels. We’d like you to be the kind of person who can help us do that.
We’re currently working with SSE, RHS, UCAS and many others with a commitment to improving lives - at home and work - through digital experience. In the past four years, the success of our process has seen us grow by 200%.
We’re a great place to work – you’ll love the environment, the people and the way the company looks after its staff.
cxpartners is made up of an incredible, diverse range of people. We’re keen to ensure we’re designing products and services that work for everyone, so our team needs to reflect that too.
We particularly encourage applications from different underrepresented demographics. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or any other legally protected status.
Please don't be put off applying because you aren't a perfect match for our job description. If you are excited about the opportunity and think you can achieve the outcomes we are looking for, but aren't sure if you tick every box, we'd still love to hear from you.
Main duties and responsibilities
We’re looking for a Senior Account Director to grow our largest and most strategic accounts. This is an incredibly important role for cxpartners’ growth as a whole - we need someone who can take our accounts to the next level, leveraging our high impact work to develop multi-year partnerships.
- Primarily focus (approx. 75% of your time) on key account development, with a portfolio of our highest priority and most complex accounts, including those where cxpartners are already established (such as SSE / Google) and new business wins with the potential for growth.
- Where appropriate deputise for the Client Engagement Director in your pod, who is a member of the cxpartners’ Senior Leadership Team and who is ultimately accountable for the commercial success of the H&W pod.
- Be accountable for a sales target based on the accounts in your portfolio. These accounts will not be retained, so you will need to network, seek out opportunities and nurture/close sales.
- Lead how we are positioned within the organisations we work with, and hold relationships with the most senior clients who will see them as a trusted advisor (e.g. C-suite sponsors).
- Play a leading role in our client services and sales community of practice, where you will play the leading role in shaping how strategic account development works at cxpartners.
- Occasionally lead some new business and early conversations with new leads, working closely with our new business team, where the lead has been qualified as one with 'key account' potential e.g. where you could take it from pitch through to project through to becoming one of cxpartners’ key accounts.
- Work alongside dedicated project managers and consultants for each account who lead delivery.
- Coach our Senior Account Manager, and further members of our client services team as/when they join.
- Coach and support our delivery teams in proactive account development.
Your skills, qualities and experience:
You’ll care as much as we do about the need to involve users in the design process - for us this is essential and not a ‘luxury’ that can be cut when budgets are tight.
You’ll be an evangelist for user centred design.
- You’ll have experience working on user centred design projects - where user research was used to identify opportunities and refine the emerging designs.
- Ideally, you will be able to counter objections to involving users in the design process by referencing examples of successful work.
- You’ll be able to demonstrate an awareness of the UX field (key themes, agencies, individuals).
Ideally you’ll already be worked in a design company as a Senior Account Director, or be an Account Director who has a track record of growing complex accounts and is ready to take a step up.
You’ll have lots of stories to share about accounts that you have grown from a single project to a strategic, long term partnership. And of meeting and exceeding a significant sales target through accounts which are not retained.
You’ll understand that great relationships are about building a sense of trust and honesty - so you won’t be afraid to have the difficult conversations that bring about long-term success. And you’ll have the emotional intelligence to understand how to have those conversations sensitively and how to develop solutions in collaboration with diverse teams.
You’ll have great communication skills - the ability to listen, and to articulate complex ideas clearly, vividly, and concisely.
You’ll have gravitas - outstanding presentation, written, verbal and persuasion skills with the ability to ‘hold the room’ and tell a compelling story - in particular to very senior and C-suite level stakeholders, whose ‘language’ you can speak.
You’ll be fantastic at consultative selling and influencing and will have strong negotiation skills, and great commercial awareness.
You’ll demonstrate experience developing client relationships ‘up the chain’ within a client organisation, and of managing complex groups of stakeholders.
You’ll have a track record of having coached and mentored wider team members in sales and account development, and take pride in supporting the careers of others.
You’ll have the right to live and work in the UK.
- 25 days holiday
- Discretionary bonus based on performance against your sales target
- MacBook laptop and iPhone with call plan
- A generous hobby fund and an individual training budget of £750 per annum
- Working from home budget
- Flexible working and supportive of remote working
- Cash-back healthcare scheme with BUPA
- Pension plan
- Life insurance
- Free eye test
- Support with a cxpartners buddy when you join
- Enhanced maternity and adoption pay
- Up to 2 weeks extra unpaid leave (after one year’s full service)
We have recently been awarded the Great Place to Work Certification. As part of our employee feedback, we were absolutely thrilled to report a 90% overall trust index from our team.
Some of our favourite bits from our team’s ratings include:
- 100% said ‘I am proud to tell people I work here’
- 98% said ‘there is a family or team feeling here’
- 95% said ‘people are encouraged to balance their work and personal life’
- 95% said ‘when I look at what we accomplish, I feel a sense of pride’
- 95% said there is job security
Take a look at our blog, cxpartners is a ‘Great Place to Work’ (officially!).
If you’d like to apply, please email email@example.com with a brief CV, covering letter and a link to your portfolio.