Principal Technology Consultant London
- Location: London (we are currently ‘remote-first’, but you may be required to attend client offices and cxpartners’ sites for meetings and workshops)
- Contract: Permanent, full-time
- Salary: £75,000 – £95,000
- Deadline: We will be reviewing applications for this role as they are submitted. So please don't delay your application, as the role may close without notice
There has never been a better time to join cxpartners. As the market for customer-centric and sustainable business transformation grows, our unique, evidence-based design and delivery process is in extremely high demand. cxpartners employs user-centred design to solve our clients’ biggest challenges; our work creates great experiences for users, as well as employees and partners. This is why we take a broad, systems-thinking approach, one that includes digital service design, organisational design, and design for sustainability.
Technology has a critical part to play in binding these aspects together to make change feasible, sustainable, and impactful. That’s why we’re looking for exceptional people, whose language is technology, but whose practice is evidence based and people-first. We’re looking for people whose approach is to listen first, to seek root cause, and to design a better future.
cxpartners is made up of an incredible, diverse range of people. We're an equal opportunity employer and prize diversity as a strength. We’re keen to ensure we’re designing products and services that work for everyone, so our team needs to reflect that too.
We particularly encourage applications from different underrepresented demographics. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or any other legally protected status.
Please don't be put off applying because you aren't a perfect match for our job description. If you are excited about the opportunity and think you can achieve the outcomes we are looking for, but aren't sure if you tick every box, we'd still love to hear from you.
This is a senior, delivery-focussed role, working across multiple projects.
Our principal consultants ensure we deliver fantastic quality work. We apply an agile, service design approach to solving our clients’ problems, using technology to enable change. As a Principal Technology Consultant, you will be key to making that happen.
With your experience in digital technology and implementation, we’d like you to:
- Be the technology expert on discovery projects:
- ask the pertinent questions of our clients’ technology stakeholders to understand their use of technology, systems, processes, capabilities and constraints
- work with the wider project team to shape the wider discovery processes
- assess the opportunities, options and considerations for technology solutions, and how they fit with the wider discovery findings
- articulate and play-back your findings to a senior, non-technical audience
- Shape technology solutions:
- recommend technology solutions, including high-level architecture and implementations approach
- work with our clients and implementation partners to ensure a smooth transition into delivery
- New business support:
- support in spotting opportunities with key accounts
- support our account development activities, including pitches and proposals
- Knowledge sharing:
- inspire and impart your experience across the wider cxpartners team to promote understanding of technology practices and opportunities
Across the wider cxpartners team, we’d like you to:
Bring your experience with a range of technologies to our projects
Broad knowledge of and experience with web, mobile and connected technologies, cloud-based solutions, APIs and the process of development and deployment process. You’ll be able to draw on your experience to see the bigger picture, help us navigate the pitfalls and set our teams and our clients up for success. Although this is not a coding role, previous hands-on experience of the development process would be an advantage.
Talk tech with non-techs
We run highly collaborative projects where we thrive by learning from our teammates. You should be confident in rationalising your ideas and decisions – authoritatively communicating the benefits and trade-offs to product owners, designers, researchers and senior stakeholders.
Be the string to our balloon
We’re a design-led company, full of people determined to invent better things. You’ll help us use technology to bring ideas to life, and that means part of your job will be to keep our ideas grounded and feasible. You’ll need to know when to speak up, and be assertive enough to get your point across.
Have a creative technologist’s attitude
But you won’t just be cast as the voice of reason. Technology is an enabler and we’d like you to think creatively too, including trying out new technologies to help us understand what they can offer. You’ll enjoy working out how best to use and combine technologies and services to create solutions.
Lead and inspire others
You’ll actively share your experience, learnings and ideas with the other devs at cxpartners, to help us stay sharp. But not just other techies - you’ll need to be adept at helping the rest of the company understand the opportunities of emerging technology and modern delivery practices and methodologies.
Mentor your amigos
You’ll be comfortable supporting others in the business, inspiring and imparting knowledge to help bring out the best in them and improve their practice.
Help us be more agile
Our approach is pragmatic, not dogmatic, and is underpinned by agile principles such as collaboration, transparency and flexibility. Our project teams may be made up of designers, researchers, copywriters and developers, which means we embrace ideas from a range of methodologies and approaches such as Scrum, Kanban and DevOps. We’re always evolving our approach and we’d like it if you could help us do that.
- 25 days holiday
- MacBook laptop and iPhone with call plan
- A generous hobby fund and a personal training budget of £750 per annum
- Flexible working
- Cash-back healthcare scheme with Simply Health
- Pension plan
- Life insurance
- Free eye test
- Support with a cxpartners buddy when you join
- Enhanced maternity and adoption pay
- Up to 2 weeks extra unpaid leave (after one year’s full service)
We have recently been awarded the Great Place to Work Certification. As part of our employee feedback, we were absolutely thrilled to report a 90% overall trust index from our team.
Some of our favourite bits from our team’s ratings include:
- 100% said ‘I am proud to tell people I work here’
- 98% said ‘there is a family or team feeling here’
- 95% said ‘people are encouraged to balance their work and personal life’
- 95% said ‘when I look at what we accomplish, I feel a sense of pride’
- 95% said there is job security
Take a look at our blog, cxpartners is a ‘Great Place to Work’ (officially!).
If you’d like to apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief CV and covering letter