Operations and IT Assistant Bristol
- Location: Bristol based
- Contract: 6 month Temporary, full-time
- Salary: Bristol £17,500 – £20,000
- Deadline: We will be reviewing applications for this role as they are submitted. So please don't delay your application, as the role may close without notice
cxpartners is a digital design consultancy based in the busy harbourside area of central Bristol. Our team is made up of an incredible, diverse range of people; we are an equal opportunities employer and prize diversity as a strength. cxpartners is a great place to work - you’ll love the environment, the people and the way the company looks after its staff.
As Operations and IT Assistant you will be at the heart of our business, working with people across a variety of functions. You’ll have a wide-ranging remit across the daily operations of cxpartners, with the aim of making things run smoothly, and supporting the senior team.
You’ll experience the fast pace of agency life and get a chance to join in with the activities of our team (such as our regular skill sharing sessions). You will have the opportunity to gain practical HR and project management skills and experience working with talented, friendly and experienced professionals.
You’ll be line managed by our HR, Culture & Ops Director, a member of our SLT. We take line management seriously at cxpartners and you will have regular 121s and extensive support. We’ll give you a ‘buddy’; someone to chat to about the informal aspects of working life.
Main duties and responsibilities
Your specific objectives will be to support the HR, Culture & Ops Director with HR, IT, legal, and operational tasks and admin as required. You will work closely with our Managing Director and our Operations Director. You will engage with our wider Operations Team, and our Project Managers (who are responsible for the scheduling and planning of our client projects).
More specifically, you will:
- Recruitment support - posting job adverts, triaging CVs, arranging interviews and communicating with candidates.
- Managing administration of employee benefits e.g. processing childcare vouchers, adding new starters to the healthcare plan.
- Updating the staff information database.
- Help managing work experience students.
- Liasing with the IT provider on IT administration tasks such as ordering equipment, setting up laptops for new starters, sending equipment to members of staff based outside the office.
- Managing the calendars of our senior team (and in particular our Managing Director), booking meetings and arranging interviews.
- Drawing up contracts for freelancers (using our templates), and ensuring their terms of engagement are clear. Making sure all freelancers have signed contracts and storing these securely and in accordance with GDPR legislation.
Once we return to the office, you will also provide cover for our Project & Operations Coordinator’s holidays, and extra capacity at busy times, in particular by covering reception/front desk duties and looking after clients and visitors.
You will also assist in the general upkeep of the office e.g. loading/unloading the dishwasher, helping to keep the office tidy, helping with social events such as the Christmas party.
- Some work experience in an administrative or support role (experience in a similar, creative environment a plus).
- A helpful “can do” attitude.
- Happy to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Someone who is proactive, can anticipate situations and works well under pressure.
- Flexibility and willingness to contribute to a creative and busy team.
- Excellent communication skills - the ability to communicate effectively both within cxpartners and externally.
- The skills to develop relationships in a confident and friendly manner.
- A good head for numbers and be highly organised (eg spreadsheets, databases, budgets).
- Great attention to detail, ensuring that all tasks are completed with care and precision.
- 25 days holiday
- MacBook laptop and iPhone with call plan
- A generous hobby fund and a personal training budget of £750 per annum
- Working from home budget
- Cash-back healthcare scheme with BUPA
- Pension plan
- Life insurance
- Free eye test
- Support with a cxpartners buddy when you join
- Enhanced maternity and adoption pay
- Up to 2 weeks extra unpaid leave (after one year’s full service)
If you are excited about the opportunity, please don’t put off applying because you aren’t a perfect match for our job description. If you think you can achieve the outcomes we are looking for but aren’t sure if you tick every box, we’d still love to hear from you.
If you’d like to apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief CV, covering letter and a link to your portfolio.