Marketing Executive London
- Location: London based (We are currently ‘remote-first’, but you may be required to attend cxpartners’ sites for meetings and workshops)
- Contract: Permanent, full-time
- Salary: £25,000 – £28,000
- Deadline: We will be reviewing applications for this role as they are submitted. So please don't delay your application, as the role may close without notice
This position sits within our sales and marketing team, reporting into our Senior Marketing Manager. It supports our three ‘pod’ teams - these are our client-focused, mini business units.
cxpartners’ mission is to have a positive impact on people’s lives by helping organisations become more customer centric and thrive. Often our work breaks new ground, and we innovate to achieve those outcomes. From our partnership with Google that has supported over 200 brands to measurably improve their UX maturity - to Samaritans where we designed their online chat service, which has helped those in crisis express suicidal feelings at twice the rate as other channels. We’d like you to be the kind of person who can help us to tell these stories and to do more of this work.
We’re a great place to work – you’ll love the environment, the people and the way the company looks after its staff.
cxpartners is made up of an incredible, diverse range of people. We're an equal opportunity employer and prize diversity as a strength. We’re keen to ensure we’re designing products and services that work for everyone, so our team needs to reflect that too.
We particularly encourage applications from different underrepresented demographics. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or any other legally protected status.
Please don't be put off applying because you aren't a perfect match for our job description. If you are excited about the opportunity and think you can achieve the outcomes we are looking for, but aren't sure if you tick every box, we'd still love to hear from you.
Main duties and responsibilities
The marketing executive will assist in executing cxpartners’ marketing strategy and tactical plan to support growth targets. This role is responsible for our day-to-day marketing activity. To do this effectively, you’ll need to understand our business inside out and come up with innovative ways to excite prospects, focused on helping them to overcome their business challenges.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
Content creation, maintenance and coordination: Write content, update content calendar and liaise with our wider team to meet deadlines.
Website and social media curation: Have responsibility for the website administration and curate cxpartners social media accounts.
Campaign implementation and support: With support from the Marketing Manager, organise, implement and optimise marketing campaigns.
Event coordination: Identify, promote and coordinate events and follow up programmes.
Monitoring performance and measurement: Providing data analysis to monitor performance. Work with the marketing manager to ensure we are working towards marketing objectives.
Support recruitment and company positioning: Support recruitment by making cxpartners a destination employer and great place to work.
More specifically, you will:
- Manage social media: a regular posting schedule to channels, including: LinkedIn and Twitter and any future channels identified.
- Manage content calendar: a regular posting schedule for website content including blogs, news, case studies, team bios and white papers. This includes ensuring our website is updated regularly with new content.
- Set up PPC campaigns using Google AdWords, Twitter Ads and LinkedIn Ads.
- Collate and write content, create and send email campaigns and newsletter(s) using email marketing system.
- Track and monitor Marketing Qualified Leads (MQLs) and Sales Qualified Leads (SQLs) to track progress against targets.
- Event management: sourcing venues, developing event plan, communications schedule, data creation, invitation copy, team rehearsals, diary management, catering, requirements on the day coordination (setting up the room, greeting attendees, introduction to the event when needed).
- Work to a budget, updating cost sheets and being mindful of spend.
- Support the marketing manager in delivering agreed activities against objectives and campaign plans.
- Conduct competitor and market research.
- Research and initiate plans to improve company perception to potential recruits.
- At least a year’s experience in a marketing role, doing all or some of the tasks above. Ideally in a digital or creative agency.
- Event management experience.
- Experience using systems such as Mailchimp, Eventbrite, Zoho, Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager.
- Advanced knowledge of social networking platforms (particularly Twitter and LinkedIn)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ambitious, self-motivated, detail oriented and creative.
- Energy, enthusiasm and drive to suggest new ideas
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve.
- Ability to manage time effectively.
- Emotional intelligence and an understanding of how to build strong, collaborative relationships.
- To be happy to travel to our other office from time to time, and occasionally work outside of normal office hours on events (you’ll get time back in lieu).
- The right to live and work in the UK
- 25 days holiday
- MacBook laptop and iPhone with call plan
- A generous hobby fund and a personal training budget of £750 per annum
- Working from home budget
- Flexible working and supportive of remote working
- Cash-back healthcare scheme with BUPA
- Pension plan
- Life insurance
- Free eye test
- Support with a cxpartners buddy when you join
- Enhanced maternity and adoption pay
- Up to 2 weeks extra unpaid leave (after one year’s full service)
If you’d like to apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Marketing Executive Application’ with a brief CV and covering letter.
No agencies please.