Client Engagement Director Bristol
We’re an internationally renowned experience design consultancy working with some of the biggest brands, making a difference to millions of people around the world.
This is a full-time role in our central Bristol or our central London office. You’ll be working in our Financial Services ‘pod’. Pods are our client-focused, mini ‘business units’ (you can read Giles’ blog about them here). Your role will be to help us to deepen our understanding of our clients’ needs, and to work with our UX consultants to develop programmes of work that transform our clients’ organisations.
Open Banking and regulatory change are transforming what was once a slow-moving financial services sector and there are lots of satisfyingly knotty problems to solve. Our mission is to make this complex space more relevant, inclusive, fair and accessible to consumers, designing products and propositions that are easier to understand and use. Doing so, we help our clients thrive.
About this role:
You’ll work alongside one of our Experience Strategy Directors (ESDs), bringing your understanding of our clients’ needs together with their knowledge about our skills and services. You’ll map out our clients’ organisations to help us understand what makes them tick, their objectives and how we can support them to achieve their digital strategy.
You’ll report directly to our ESD. You’ll be part of our Client Services team, and will share best practice and professional growth with our other client services staff in Bristol and London.
You’ll also work collaboratively with our project managers, UX consultants, designers and front-end developers to shape projects, and to make sure that the skills and time allocated to your projects meet your clients’ needs and expectations.
In particular, you will:
- Lead in setting the growth strategy for established key accounts and new accounts.
- Work closely with our consultants to build a pipeline of work from both existing clients and new clients, shaping opportunities, creating proposals, and converting these into sales.
- Develop a client vision, account development plan and roadmap per account. To do this, you’ll need to maintain a deep understanding of the issues facing our clients’ sectors and their individual businesses.
- Work with the Client Services team and our Commercial Director to create marketing plans and lists of target clients, and to triage leads.
- Manage the pipeline of work, ensuring we have a good understanding of each client's sign off process and what is required to get work started. To do this, you’ll need to build strong, open, and mutually beneficial relationships with new and existing clients.
- Create clear forecasts for each of your accounts, and your pod portfolio as a whole.
- Achieve a monthly and quarterly sales target.
- Develop and negotiate high value commercial arrangements with our clients.
- Work closely with our Project Managers to ensure projects are scoped and costed effectively to deliver profitable programmes of work.
- Support our new business team. Particularly, support the pitch / RFP process to ensure that the pitch team has a strategy for winning, and that documents and presentations meet our standards and fit our vision and values.
Your skills, qualities and experience:
Please don't be put off applying because you aren't a perfect match for our job description. If you are excited about the opportunity, and think you can achieve the outcomes we are looking for, but aren't sure if you tick every box, we'd still love to hear from you.
You’ll care as much as we do about the need to involve users in the design process - for us this is essential and not a ‘luxury’ that can be cut when budgets are tight.
You’ll be an evangelist for user centred design.
- You’ll have experience working on user centred design projects - where user research was used to identify opportunities and refine the emerging designs.
- Ideally, you will be able to counter objections to involving users in the design process by referencing examples of successful work.
- You’ll be able to demonstrate an awareness of the UX field (key themes, agencies, individuals).
You’ll understand that great relationships are about building a sense of trust and honesty - so you won’t be afraid to have the difficult conversations that bring about long-term success. And you’ll have the emotional intelligence to understand how to have those conversations sensitively and how to develop solutions in collaboration with diverse teams.
You’ll have great communication skills - the ability to listen, and to articulate complex ideas clearly, vividly, and concisely.
You’ll have gravitas - outstanding presentation, written, verbal and persuasion skills with the ability to ‘hold the room’ and tell a compelling story - and strong leadership and management skills.
You’ll be fantastic at consultative selling and influencing and will have strong negotiation skills, and great commercial awareness.
You’ll have a track record of building a sales pipeline, converting opportunities and growing accounts, and experience managing a portfolio of clients with a diverse range of client sizes/types/relationships.
You’ll have experience of working with senior level clients to identify opportunities, set a vision for change, shape projects and set a shared vision for those projects. This should include leading pitch teams, proposal writing and articulating a detailed understanding of client needs.
You’ll demonstrate experience developing client relationships ‘up the chain’ within a client organisation, and of managing complex groups of stakeholders.
You’ll have experience of managing and meeting financial targets, including sales and project profitability, and providing updates on progress back to the Board or senior stakeholders.
You’ll have the right to live and work in the UK.
At the moment, we are all working remotely. Once Covid restrictions lift, we anticipate that we’ll adopt a hybrid working model, with some time working from home and some time working in the office each week. We might occasionally ask you to travel to our other office, and to work on site with clients (including occasional overnight stays). You’ll also be prepared to travel abroad, if and when we are allowed to do that.
Our mission is to have a positive impact on people’s lives by helping organisations become more customer centric and thrive.
We’re a great place to work – you’ll love the environment, the people and the way the company looks after its staff. You’ll also get a great package with a salary of between £55k - £65k if you are Bristol based or £63 - £75k if you are London based, 25 days holiday, benefits including a smartphone, a cash-back healthcare scheme, a pension plan to which we’ll contribute, a MacBook and other kit as needed.
cxpartners are committed to training and run an extensive training programme which will support both your individual needs and our business ambitions.
cxpartners is made up of an incredible, diverse range of people. We're an equal opportunity employer and prize diversity as a strength. We’re keen to ensure we’re designing products and services that work for everyone, so we particularly encourage applications from different underrepresented demographics. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or any other legally protected status.
If you’d like to apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief CV.