Account Manager Bristol
- Location: Bristol based (we are currently ‘remote-first’, but you may be required to attend client offices and cxpartners’ sites for meetings and workshops)
- Contract: Permanent, full-time
- Salary: £24,000 – £30,000
- Deadline: We will be reviewing applications for this role as they are submitted. So please don't delay your application, as the role may close without notice
You’ll be working in our Home and Work (H&W) ‘pod’. Pods are our client-focused, mini ‘business units’ (you can read Giles’ blog about them here).
Overall, cxpartners’ mission is to have a positive impact on people’s lives by helping organisations become more customer centric and thrive.
In H&W, our mission is to support good lives through excellence in digital experience, whether this is in developing services for the home, or improving employee experience and capability within the organisations who develop these services. The team operates as a design innovation partner for clients across the retail, hospitality, travel, energy and charity sectors.
We involve users to uncover breakthrough insights and respond through a service design process. We are pragmatic, not dogmatic in our approach and are outcome-driven.
Often our work breaks new ground, and we innovate to achieve those outcomes. From our partnership with Google that has supported over 200 brands to measurably improve their UX maturity, to Samaritans where we designed their online chat service, which has helped those in crisis express suicidal feelings at twice the rate as other channels. We’d like you to be the kind of person who can help us do that.
We’re currently working with SSE, RHS, UCAS and many others with a commitment to improving lives - at home and work - through digital experience. In the past four years, the success of our process has seen us grow by 200%.
We’re a great place to work – you’ll love the environment, the people and the way the company looks after its staff.
cxpartners is made up of an incredible, diverse range of people. We’re keen to ensure we’re designing products and services that work for everyone, so our team needs to reflect that too.
We particularly encourage applications from different underrepresented demographics. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or any other legally protected status.
Please don't be put off applying because you aren't a perfect match for our job description. If you are excited about the opportunity and think you can achieve the outcomes we are looking for, but aren't sure if you tick every box, we'd still love to hear from you.
Main duties and responsibilities
We’re looking for an Account Manager to manage the relationships that we hold with some of our most exciting clients. Working closely with our project managers and consultants, you will be responsible for developing relationships with your clients and gaining a deep understanding of their businesses. You’ll use this understanding to ensure that our work with those clients grows - identifying opportunities for further work and proposing this to clients with the support of the wider client services team.
This is an exciting opportunity to develop your career, with a clear progression track through our client services structure (to Senior Account Manager, Account Director and beyond).
- Manage some of our existing client accounts, building and maintaining relationships through regular contact. This will include attending key touchpoints on our projects (like kick off meetings, user research and debriefs).
- Work with our consultants to make sure we understand our client's businesses and take a strategic approach to account development
- Contribute to the creation of Client Development Plans, working closely with the more senior members of the client services team and our lead consultants.
- Contribute to sales and revenue targets.
- Ensure we have a good understanding of each client's sign off process and what is required to get work started. To do this, you’ll need to build strong, open, and mutually beneficial relationships and lead day-to-day liaison.
- Manage your clients within our CRM system, updating details on future opportunities.
- Join our client services community of practice, contributing ideas and sharing stories from your clients.
- Sometimes be involved in new business, supporting the pitch and RFP process.
- Be part of planning and writing proposals for your clients.
- Liaise with our marketing team to ensure that our clients are attending events and receive our latest content.
- Report into the pod’s Client Services Director and work closely with our Senior Account Manager. They will provide you with coaching, best practice advice and support,
Your skills, qualities and experience:
- You’ll care as much as we do about the need to involve users in the design process. For us this is essential and not a ‘luxury’ that can be cut when budgets are tight. You do not need to have experience specifically in a consultancy like ours, but you will have a passion for evidence-based design and understand why it is important.
- You’ll understand that great relationships are about building a sense of trust and honesty - so you won’t be afraid to have the difficult conversations that bring about long-term success. You’ll also have the emotional intelligence to understand how to have those conversations sensitively and how to develop solutions in collaboration with diverse teams.
- You’ll have great communication skills - the ability to listen, and to articulate complex ideas clearly, vividly, and concisely.
- You’ll have great presentation, written, verbal and persuasion skills with the ability to ‘hold the room’ and tell a compelling story.
- You’ll show evidence of great commercial awareness.
You’ll have the following experience:
- A minimum of 1 year’s experience in a similar role, with evidence of your success.
- Experience of building strong, open relationships.
- Experience of sustaining and expanding accounts.
- Experience of multi-tasking across multiple accounts or projects, and staying on top of key tasks and different timelines.
You’ll have the right to live and work in the UK.
- 25 days holiday
- MacBook laptop and iPhone with call plan
- A generous hobby fund and an individual training budget of £750 per annum
- Working from home budget
- Flexible working and supportive of remote working
- Cash-back healthcare scheme with BUPA
- Pension plan
- Life insurance
- Free eye test
- Support with a cxpartners buddy when you join
- Enhanced maternity and adoption pay
- Up to 2 weeks extra unpaid leave (after one year’s full service)
We have recently been awarded the Great Place to Work Certification. As part of our employee feedback, we were absolutely thrilled to report a 90% overall trust index from our team.
Some of our favourite bits from our team’s ratings include:
- 100% said ‘I am proud to tell people I work here’
- 98% said ‘there is a family or team feeling here’
- 95% said ‘people are encouraged to balance their work and personal life’
- 95% said ‘when I look at what we accomplish, I feel a sense of pride’
- 95% said there is job security
- Take a look at our blog, cxpartners is a ‘Great Place to Work’ (officially!)
- If you’d like to apply, please email email@example.com with a brief CV, covering letter and a link to your portfolio.