Account Director Bristol
- Location: Bristol (we are currently ‘remote-first’, but you may be required to attend client offices and cxpartners’ sites for meetings and workshops. Our Bristol office is open and you are able to work from the office if you prefer.)
- Contract: Permanent, full-time
- Salary: £40,000 – £55,000
- Deadline: We will be reviewing applications for this role as they are submitted. So please don't delay your application, as the role may close without notice
We’re an internationally renowned experience design consultancy working with some of the biggest brands, making a difference to millions of people around the world.
We have recently been awarded the Great Place to Work Certification. As part of our employee feedback, we were absolutely thrilled to report a 90% overall trust index from our team.
Some of our favourite bits from our team’s ratings include:
- 100% said 'I am proud to tell people I work here'
- 98% said 'there is a family or team feeling here'
- 95% said 'people are encouraged to balance their work life and personal life'
- 95% said 'when I look at what we accomplish, I feel a sense of pride'
- 95% said there is job security
Take a look at our blog, cxpartners is a 'Great Place to Work' (offically!)
You’ll be working in our Home and Work ‘pod’. Pods are our client-focused, mini ‘business units’ (you can read Giles’ blog about them here). Your role will be to lead the growth and client servicing for a set of accounts through a deep understanding of your clients’ needs, ensuring that your accounts are growing and are profitable. And you will take responsibility (alongside our consultancy team) for the delivery of quality work that meets the clients’ needs and addresses their business problems.
Our Home and Work pod helps organisations be relevant for the individuals and families of today and tomorrow. The team operates as a design innovation partner for their clients across the retail, hospitality, travel, energy, healthcare, automotive and charity sectors, and creates brilliant service experiences that facilitate fulfilling lives and flourishing communities.
About this role:
You’ll work within the pod team, alongside UX consultants, designers, front-end developers and project managers. You will report into the pod Client Engagement Director - who forms part of the pod leadership team and owns the Pod’s client portfolio.
Your role will be to lead a set of accounts at varying stages of growth (e.g. new accounts and established accounts). You will develop a pipeline of work from each account, pitch expansion proposals to your clients, create strong relationships with clients and work with the project team to manage the account and ensure our work delivers as much impact to their organisation as possible.
You’ll be part of our Client Services team, and will share best practice and professional growth with our other client services staff in Bristol and London.
In particular, you will:
- Lead the growth and client servicing of a set of accounts.
- Lead on client conversations around commercials and contracting.
- Develop strategic account plans for your accounts, working alongside the wider team and with support from the Client Engagement Director. To do this, you’ll need to maintain a deep understanding of the issues facing our clients’ sectors and their individual businesses.
- Work closely with our consultants to build a pipeline of work from your accounts, proactively identifying and shaping opportunities, creating proposals and converting these into sales.
- Manage the pipeline of work for your accounts, ensuring we have a good understanding of each client's sign off process and what is required to get work started. To do this, you’ll need to build strong, open, and mutually beneficial relationships with new and existing clients.
- Create clear forecasts for each of your accounts in collaboration with the Client Engagement Director - reporting on these to the Commercial Director.
- Achieve monthly and quarterly sales and revenue targets for your accounts.
- Work closely with our Project Managers to ensure projects are scoped and costed effectively to deliver profitable programmes of work.
- Support our new business team. Particularly, support the pitch / RFP process to ensure that the pitch team has a strategy for winning, and that documents and presentations meet our standards and fit our vision and values.
Your skills, qualities and experience:
Please don't be put off applying because you aren't a perfect match for our job description. If you are excited about the opportunity, and think you can achieve the outcomes we are looking for, but aren't sure if you tick every box, we'd still love to hear from you.
You’ll care as much as we do about the need to involve users in the design process - for us this is essential and not a ‘luxury’ that can be cut when budgets are tight.
You’ll be an evangelist for user centred design.
- You’ll have experience working on user centred design projects - where user research was used to identify opportunities and refine the emerging designs.
- Ideally, you will be able to counter objections to involving users in the design process by referencing examples of successful work.
- You’ll be able to demonstrate an awareness of the UX field (key themes, agencies, individuals).
Ideally you’ll already be worked in a design company as an Account Director, or be a Senior Account Manager who is ready to step up and own a portfolio of key accounts.
You’ll understand that great relationships are about building a sense of trust and honesty - so you won’t be afraid to have the difficult conversations that bring about long-term success. And you’ll have the emotional intelligence to understand how to have those conversations sensitively and how to develop solutions in collaboration with diverse teams.
You’ll have great communication skills - the ability to listen, and to articulate complex ideas clearly, vividly, and concisely.
You’ll have gravitas - outstanding presentation, written, verbal and persuasion skills with the ability to ‘hold the room’ and tell a compelling story - and strong leadership and management skills.
You’ll be fantastic at consultative selling and influencing and will have strong negotiation skills, and great commercial awareness.
You’ll have a track record of building a sales pipeline for the accounts that you lead, converting opportunities and growing accounts.
You’ll have experience of working with senior level clients to identify opportunities, set a vision for change, shape projects and set a shared vision for those projects. This should include leading pitch teams, proposal writing and articulating a detailed understanding of client needs.
You’ll demonstrate experience developing client relationships ‘up the chain’ within a client organisation, and of managing complex groups of stakeholders.
You’ll have experience of managing and meeting financial targets, including sales and project profitability, specifically for the accounts that you lead.
You’ll have the right to live and work in the UK.
Our mission is to have a positive impact on people’s lives by helping organisations become more customer centric and thrive.
We’re a great place to work – you’ll love the environment, the people and the way the company looks after its staff. You’ll also get a great package with a salary of between £40k- £55k, 25 days holiday, benefits including a smartphone, a cash-back healthcare scheme, flexible working and supportive of remote working, a pension plan to which we’ll contribute, a MacBook and other kit as needed.
cxpartners are committed to training and run an extensive training programme which will support both your individual needs and our business ambitions.
cxpartners is made up of an incredible, diverse range of people. We're an equal opportunity employer and prize diversity as a strength. We’re keen to ensure we’re designing products and services that work for everyone, so we particularly encourage applications from different underrepresented demographics. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or any other legally protected status.
If you’d like to apply, please email email@example.com with a brief CV.