Senior User Experience Consultant Bristol
- Location: Bristol based (we are currently ‘remote-first’, but you may be required to attend client offices and cxpartners’ sites for meetings and workshops)
- Contract: Permanent, full-time
- Salary: £40,000 – £50,000
- Deadline: We will be reviewing applications for this role as they are submitted. So please don't delay your application, as the role may close without notice
This position is within our Digital Government ‘pod’, one of our client-focused, mini business units.
The digital government pod is made up of people who want to create better services for citizens, patients, anyone who interacts with public sector services. We do this through providing expertise in user centred design methodologies from strategic service design and digitising paper-based services to driving policy and organisational change through evidence-based decision-making.
We involve users to uncover breakthrough insights and respond through a service design process. We are pragmatic, not dogmatic, in our approach and are outcome-driven.
We’re currently working with the NHS, Department for Health and Social Care and Department for Transport and many others across health, central government and local government with a commitment to providing end-to-end service design to solve whole problems for users. We’re confident in delivering measurable outcomes from before Discovery to after Live through expertise, passion, collaboration and open working.
cxpartners’ mission is to have a positive impact on people’s lives by helping organisations become more customer centric and thrive.
We’re a great place to work – you’ll love the environment, the people and the way the company looks after its staff.
cxpartners is made up of an incredible, diverse range of people. We're an equal opportunity employer and prize diversity as a strength. Our government pod is currently 80% female with 50% of the team bringing a global perspective - and we’re proud of the insight, conversations and experiences this brings us. We’re keen to ensure we’re designing products and services that work for everyone, so our team needs to reflect that too.
We particularly encourage applications from different underrepresented demographics. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or any other legally protected status.
Please don't be put off applying because you aren't a perfect match for our job description. If you are excited about the opportunity and think you can achieve the outcomes we are looking for, but aren't sure if you tick every box, we'd still love to hear from you.
Main duties and responsibilities
Our senior consultants ensure our teams deliver fantastic quality work to our clients.
As a senior practitioner in a user-centred design business, you will be at the heart of everything we do to deliver impressive quality work to our clients.
You’ll work collaboratively in a cross-functional team with other UX consultants, service designers, visual designers, technologists, project managers and clients to research and craft innovative design solutions that make a difference.
More specifically, you will:
- More than four years’ experience in a digital industry, ideally in a UX or creative agency
- Detailed knowledge and practical experience of UX design and research methodologies and practices at each stage of the delivery cycle
- Be proficient in delivering research/design/prototyping methods and processes independently
- Understand and apply elements of the service design process
- To be happy to travel to our other office from time to time, and to work on-site with clients if and when that is needed. You’ll also be prepared to travel abroad, if and when restrictions allow
- The right to live and work in the UK
Experience of the Discovery, Alpha, Beta, Live delivery framework, Government Service Standards and/or previous work in the public sector would be an advantage - but not necessarily required.
- 25 days holiday
- MacBook laptop and iPhone with call plan
- A generous hobby fund and a personal training budget of £750 per annum
- Working from home budget
- Flexible working and supportive of remote working
- Cash-back healthcare scheme with BUPA
- Pension plan
- Life insurance
- Free eye test
- Support with a cxpartners buddy when you join
- Enhanced maternity and adoption pay
- Up to 2 weeks extra unpaid leave (after one year’s full service)
If you’d like to apply, please email email@example.com with a brief CV, covering letter and a link to your portfolio.