Case Study Overview
The Co-operative Bank came to us with the need to improve the conversion of their home and product pages - and just a couple of weeks to complete the project.
Our project focused on bringing clarity back to a design which had been added to and altered over time.
- Firstly we analysed the existing pages and removed any duplicate content (the number of links were reduced by about 20%).
- Then we prioritised the content within each page ensuring that it mapped against the priorities of the business.
- We developed wireframes for the layout of the pages giving a robust structure to the layout and applying appropriate weighting and emphasis to each element ensuring that our recommendations would improve the natural search ranking and accessibility of the site.
- We worked alongside The Co-operative Bank design team to develop a controlled colour palette that helped give emphasis and focus to the most important elements.
- Finally we validated the decisions and tweaked designs. Eyetracking was used so that we could show the improvements to the senior team at The Co-operative Bank.
- The eyetracking showed with clarity how people could more easily make sense of the content on the pages.
- Benchmarking against the existing site we could see how their eye movements went from being erratic and confused to controlled and focused on understanding the information.
- Once live, the new designs significantly outperformed the previous site, with more people reading information and applying for products.