Case Study Overview
The TUI Specialist & Activity holiday group came to us to design a new portal site. The aim of the portal is to encourage more people to choose an activity holiday over, say, a beach holiday or city break. We worked with TUI Specialist & Activity to understand their key user groups and to design an engaging desktop and mobile website.
- We worked with TUI Specialist & Activity's existing personas to gain insight into their target audiences.
- We ran a stakeholder workshop to gather TUI Specialist & Activity's requirements for the project.
- We produced wireframes intended to draw users into the exciting world of activity holidays. It was important to show that activity holidays don't have to mean full-on adrenaline.
- We ran collaborative design and content workshops with the TUI Specialist & Activity team to develop an iExplore Holiday Matchmaker in order to engage with new consumers.
- User testing the wireframes showed we'd got the tone and content right - test participants were inspired by both the wireframes and the interactive holiday matchmaker.
- We undertook a thorough, iterative design process to produce a vibrant, immersive visual language true to the brand identity collateral delivered to us by the branding agency.
- We undertook the CSS/HTML build of the site, producing semantic, ready-to-use markup that was plugged into the client's CMS.
- We ran more collaborative design workshops to discuss and design the iExplore mobile offering.
- Guerilla user testing on the mobile designs proved extremely useful and helped improve the mobile wireframes.