Case Study Overview
cxpartners was asked by British clothing vendor Charles Tyrwhitt to redesign their website.
When they came to us, they had a live site that was functioning well with good conversion rates. Our task was to update the site to be robust, flexible, elegant and easy to use.
- cxpartners conducted research, aimed at understanding Charles Tyrwhitt's business and customer needs.
- User research, call centre listening and store visits gave us the insights into how people buy shirts - what mattered to them and what didn’t. A task model was developed to give us a vivid picture of how the site needed to behave to match user needs.
- Stakeholder workshops were used to share ides and generate sketches - the high level IA and key design concepts were developed in workshops. And we worked hand in hand with the Charles Tyrwhitt team to get the wireframes exactly right.
- User testing at several points through the process validated that every decision made worked for the customer.
- cxpartners undertook a thorough, iterative design process to produce a timeless, elegant and distinctly Charles Tyrwhitt visual design language with accompanying online style guide. We embedded our front-end developer into the Charles Tyrwhitt team to make sure that the live site was pixel perfect and worked exactly as intended.
- The new Charles Tyrwhitt site won Redesign Of The Year at the 2011 National eCommerce Awards, beating prestigious competition including BT and Ocado to the prize.
- And importantly conversion on the new site has increased by 27%.