I’ve been involved in a couple of Arabic web projects recently so I thought it’d be useful to share some resources.
Special thanks to Tomasz Ronda for the academic papers.
There’s also a great chapter in Beyond Broders by John Yunker (p369)
Designing right to left languages from Viget.
- Which are the biggest websites in Arabic? from Quora.
- Showcase Of Web Design In The Arab World from our friends at Smashing Magazine.
Academic papers & research
- Designing Usable Localised Websites: Differences between Western and Arab Cultures PDF
- Investigating the Design of Arabic Web Interfaces Using Hofstede’s Cultural Dimensions: a Case Study of Government Web Portals PDF
- Arabic Interface Analysis Based on Cultural Markers PDF
- Culture Reflection in Arabic Websites PDF
- ADOPTING USER-CENTRED DEVELOPMENT FOR ARABIC E-COMMERCE WEBSITES PDF
- CULTURAL PERCEPTION OF USER INTERFACE OF A WEBSITE: COMPARATIVE STUDY BETWEEN LIBERAL AND PRESCRIPTIVE CULTURES (BRITISH VS. ARAB) PDF
- Globally Designed: a study of international Web user experience PDF
Know any more great resources? Add a comment below.